Friday, December 18, 2009

Sergio Aguero claims interest from Chelsea


Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero believes he would easily slot into the Chelsea team should the Premier League club recruit him from Spain in January.

Aguero has been repeatedly linked with a possible move to Stamford Bridge with Chelsea believed to be keen to strengthen their squad after seeing their FIFA transfer ban temporarily suspended by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The Argentina international had previously maintained he was happy to stay at the Vicente Calderon but now Aguero has welcomed the interest from the Blues.

"Chelsea are interested in me because they think I can play an important role for the team," Aguero told the Sun. "And I think I fit with their style of play.

"Of course I watch the Premier League on TV and I think it is the best league in the world, along with the Spanish league.

"There are a lot of very good players but, right now, the top striker in the Premier League is without doubt, [Didier] Drogba. After comes Fernando Torres, but Drogba is the best."

source: soccernet.com (ESPN)

No comments: