Friday, January 1, 2010

Aguero rules out move to Chelsea in January

Argentina striker Sergio Aguero has insisted there is no chance of him moving to Chelsea this month.

The Atletico Madrid hitman has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, and with the Blues allowed to sign players in the January window it is expected they will make a move.

But the 21-year-old has signalled his intention to remain in Spain with Atletico.

He told Atletico's official website: "I am aware that there are always rumours about my future, but actually I am isolated from everything. I have always made clear my commitment to Atletico and everybody knows it. Do not pay much attention to what comes out. All I am doing is playing and worrying about the team, so these things do not affect me.''

"I have changed many things,'' he said, reflecting on his time in Spain. "I am happy to be spending my fourth year at Atletico Madrid. I realise that I have learned many things both on and off the field during my time here.

"Now I know the Spanish league very well and that has made me grow as a footballer. Over these years, I have played alongside great players which has taught me a lot as a player and as a person.

source: ESPN

No comments: