Friday, March 25, 2011

Rafael Benitez: It Would Be A 'Dream' To Return To Liverpool

Rafael Benitez has admitted that he harbours a "dream" of returning to manage Liverpool.

The Spaniard parted ways with the club last summer, after an underwhelming campaign that saw the Reds miss out on a Champions League place.

The Merseyside outfit brought in Roy Hodgson from Fulham, but have since replaced him with club legend Kenny Dalglish - who was the last manager to guide the club to the league title.

Meanwhile, the ex-Valencia boss succeeded Jose Mourinho at Inter, but has since left the Italian club after a poor start to the season.

Now he admits that a return to the Reds would be a dream come true, but admits that current boss Dalglish is doing a good job.

"I am really proud of being the manager of Liverpool Football Club and I would like to come back in the future," Benitez told Sky Sports News.



Benitez also conceded that he is ready to manage another club in England, but hinted that he would not entertain offers from either Everton or Manchester United.

He said: "Fans in Liverpool know the teams I would not go [to] but I think these clubs wouldn't offer me a job.

"I'm a professional but obviously some clubs I would not go to, especially the big rivals of Liverpool. I won't say the names, but it's not difficult!"


(But it'll be a very nightmare for Liverpool fans, if you, Benitez , comes back here!!!)

source: Goal.com

No comments: